AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Germany also continues to take back gold.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 11/23/2014 10:59 (#4195937 - in reply to #4195915)
Subject: RE: Germany also continues to take back gold.

Pittsburg, Kansas

And there is your answer. Gold.

It crosses over to any currency. Although a person can not take it into WalMart or Home Depot and use gold as a currency to buy something, you can take it to any country in the world and exchange it for their local currency to buy something.

Wife recently went with some girl friends to Italy. Most places would not take USD there. Had to exchange USD into Euro's to buy anything. Now using some people's logic concerning gold, if you can't spend it in a store it is not money. So it must be worthless---- right? Well where my wife was in Italy the USD was worthless then. We must all get rid of our USD's because they can't be spent. At least that is the logic some with limited vision use for gold. You can't eat it so it must be worthless. But you can go to anyplace in the world and trade it for local currency and get something to eat. Can't say that for a Zimbabwe dollar. Or about 50 or more other fiat currencies that have went by the wayside. Yet gold has been money for thousands of years. Most fiat paper currencies don't last past a few generations, yet gold is the one in our modern society that has to "prove" its worth. The world turned upside down. Our population truly has been brainwashed Von. The ant standing on top of his ant pile and proclaiming to be ruler of the world. Long live King US Dollar.

John

Edit: oops, I thought I was answering Von. Oh well, it will work for you too cfdr. LOL

Edited by John Burns 11/23/2014 11:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)