AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Germany also continues to take back gold.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

cfdr
Posted 11/23/2014 10:31 (#4195885 - in reply to #4195010)
Subject: RE: Missing the Point

OldMcdonald - 11/22/2014 20:51

If gold isn't a viable solution, then why are countries buying it by the ton and repatriating it en mass as references made here on posts today? Perhaps they are seeing the problems with un-anchored fiats and some real problems developing in the not so distant future? Take a look at what's going on in Switzerland right now. There are people a lot smarter than myself raising the concerns of the sustainability of the current model we have, and countries are already taking action to mitigate the risks.

And other countries are selling it, most likely anyway. It's a market, based on psychology - same as any other market. At the recent high, the popular sentiment seemed to be that it was never going lower again. How could it - with governments printing presses running full steam? For every buyer, there is a seller, and how can we know who is right until later? You insist that the buyers are the smart money. From what I remember, you insist that when the price drops, it is because of manipulation. My problem, it seems, is that I am not as sure about what markets are going to do as you are.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)