AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Germany also continues to take back gold.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

OldMcdonald
Posted 11/22/2014 19:49 (#4194886 - in reply to #4194825)
Subject: Missing the Point

Napanee, Ontario
Here's another chart since we are pulling out inflation adjusted performance charts.

You guys are missing Von and John's point. The point of gold isn't as a speculative investment, although sadly for many, it is treated and viewed that way.

The true merit of gold in the current environment is as a hedge - insurance against systemic instability that only seems to get more intense every trillion more dollars, Euros, Yen, ect ect that are printed. IMO the writing is on the wall that currencies days are numbered. I mean, i don't know what more you need to hear when central bankers are coming right out and telling us that they want to reduce their countries currency values to gain export advantages and are flat out counterfeiting their currency to keep a lid on interest rates.

You can call people that are bullish on gold crooks if you like, but I think we both know that the real crooks are the people that are responsible for the chart below. No one is putting a gun to anyone's head and forcing a bullion purchase. But your purchasing power IS being robbed from you every day longer that you keep your wealth in cash.

Whether you want to believe there is no inflation or not, the chart below is very real. IMO, John and Von are right - i would much rather have insurance in gold instead of cash as a hedge against financial instability... just simply looking at these two charts, anyone should be able to reach that conclusion.

Edited by OldMcdonald 11/22/2014 19:53

(Purchasing Power of U.S. Dollar.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Purchasing Power of U.S. Dollar.jpg (33KB - 128 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)