AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Puppy pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

denice.r
Posted 11/21/2014 08:06 (#4191705)
Subject: Puppy pictures

south east Indiana
I had Griz ultra sounded yesterday, yep there are puppies on the way. The vet is a good friend so I told her I wanted to post photos here for everyone. She had recently had this girl in she took rays of so you can see puppies that are older. The dog had 6 pups, she is a Keeshond. She and I could only find 5 pups on the xray. Basically you count skulls and backbones and match them up.
The ultrasound puppies can be seen at about 21 days, the radiographs will not show puppies till much later. The bones need to calcify before they can be seen. You can even judge how old the pups are by what bones are seen, the teeth are the last to be visible about 53 days. Gestation for a dog is 63 ish days. Some people can tell if a bitch is pregnant by palpation by I always question what I am feeling so like to ultrasound. The drawback is I have to wait for an xray to get an idea how many will arrive. In this ultrasound you can see 3, saw 4 for sure.
Griz is around 25 days. Christmas puppies - due between Christmas day and the weekend.

This will be Griz's first puppies. They are always exciting, it is cool to see how they come out. Griz has some red in her background so I am expecting a red one or two. Scott is the sire so they should be working buggers.
They will be ready for homes about the first of March if all goes well -

(sheep winter 201314 419.jpg)

(sheep winter 201314 420.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments sheep winter 201314 419.jpg (166KB - 147 downloads)
Attachments sheep winter 201314 420.jpg (126KB - 140 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)