AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

20/20 field view data usage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Clay SEIA
Posted 11/23/2014 11:10 (#4195957 - in reply to #4195809)
Subject: RE: 20/20 field view data usage

midwest - 11/23/2014 09:44 I don't use yield sense yet. What's your view on the data collected, you share it? You think they just take it? I did carry my iPad with field view in the combine with me, no data plan, I was able to go to my planted map, know exactly how I planted, and know where I was in the field. Maybe with yield sense up on your iPad you can't see your planted maps?

I was really on the fence about getting Yieldsense, however we needed a new elevator chain anyway and had a coupon so it cost me very little out of pocket.   If you are already planting with Fieldview, the combination is AWESOME.  You can split-screen and bring up any of the planter map stuff while watching the yield map.  Obviously nice for hybrid tracking (and there is an instant report of yield by hybrid, if you have more than one in a field), also for things like some population plots I have.  Easy as pie to find them.  The convenience factor is super, too.  I get out of the combine at night and the yield maps are in my hand, don't have to take a memory card to my desk computer and generate them.  A couple weeks ago had a crop-share landowner riding with me who likes to be very involved in managing his farm, I was able to email him the yield map instantly.  

In my opinion, this is finally making precision GPS farming actually user-friendly.  I only wish that my sprayer, NH3, fertilizer, etc. maps were also so easily at hand.  And I do not care one bit if "they" are looking at my yield data.  I assure you that many of the things in them are a mystery to me!  Plus, even if they did have some nefarious scheme going on there is no way for somebody else to know whether yield factors are from deer, water standing on a creek bottom, SDS, fertility, or a hundred other things. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)