AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Counter balance valve issues, maybe or ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 11/20/2014 20:39 (#4190918)
Subject: Counter balance valve issues, maybe or ?

I have a outback hydraulic steering system on an older 1903 terragator. It works really good, but I was noticing the steering (manual) getting hard to turn for short times then it just about wouldn't steer. It work again for a minute if I restarted the engine. It sounded like I was hitting the relief on the pump, but I'm pretty sure it is the CB valve. Complete ignorance has never really stopped me before and not this time either. I popped the caps off the CB valve and tried adjusting screws inward and shut off all manual steering. Next was all the way out and steering returned but the wheel moved when guidance was on. I tried turning them both in a quarter turn and left it.

The guy running the machine today ran into the same problem with almost no steering towards dark (of course). I adjusted the quarter turn back and noticed one of the screws was in farther than a quarter turn and I must not have tightened the lock nut. Anyway, that got him going.

I'm wondering if I have a bad CB valve or an insufficient valve (this one was on a magnum tractor). Anyone else run into this? thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)