AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

auto steer 1086
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Herbie56
Posted 11/21/2014 08:00 (#4191687 - in reply to #4190648)
Subject: RE: auto steer 1086

Coles County, Illinois
It's probably going to take finding a dealer that wants to work with you. I put a Raven Smartrax MD unit on a John Deere 4630. Although there wasn't a published install kit for it my dealer talked to Raven and Raven made a couple custom parts so I could install it. They didn't charge me extra but it took a few days for them to get back to us. It took a couple months before the parts arrived. The parts where just a different bracket (anti-rotation) and a different telescope extender. The actual spines in the steering wheel were a fairly common size. Not a big deal but it took a desire by all parties to go the extra distance.

With that said, this isn't rocket science but it does have a learning curve. A couple days ago I was getting ready to do a software update on a unit and couldn't configure the communication ports. Took me awhile to figure out that one of my helpers had put the unit in Demo mode during harvest. Since I wasn't starting a job, the only clue was that I had good satellite reception inside my shed. It still took me two hours scratching my head before I realized what had happened. Some people can take handle a situation like that, others go postal. Hence the need for a good dealer for some.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)