AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

party at college or after?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 11/1/2014 03:54 (#4154757 - in reply to #4154007)
Subject: RE: party at college or after?

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
Well I never let my education get in the way of my schooling. I closed my share of bars, parties, etc. I had a policy to only date women that lived in other states. Made a point to go on a date at least once a week. I spent 5 years at college got a B.S. in Business and a 2 year degree in mechanics, plus worked part time in school turning wrenches, and drove home almost every weekend in those 5 years to help my family on the ranch.

Lets just say I was on a first name basis with the dean of the college, and my advisor. I still consider them to be the success to my farming, ranching career. I even made the dean's list my first year at school, I will let you guess which list it was. That tuition money was well spent on my mechanic classes, it has paid me back time and time again. The first thing you need to do is learn to filter though the B.S. at college, and learn how to work the system and realize you aren't going to buck the system.

Also all the contacts from college, we still interact in the business world, some people have really helped me out in my life. What really pleases me is my two older boys went to the same college and their friends parents were my old classmates. So I know my kids are hanging around the right crowd at school.

Kids party hard, but hit the books at 7:30 a.m.!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)