AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adding Hyd drives to Kinze 3600
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 10/30/2014 22:58 (#4152992 - in reply to #4152876)
Subject: RE: Adding Hyd drives to Kinze 3600

Missouri
tigger - 10/30/2014 20:50

-Not to dispute anything you said about hydraulic drives (still ground driven here), but this quote seemed interesting:

"but if you engineer your own solution, you are your own support, so I hope you are prepared to troubleshoot your own issues down the road."

From my perspective, being my own support is an advantage. If I built it, I know how it works. Reliance on outside support is a liability to me. Outside support by definition is almost never there when needed. Time is lost, and time adds up to money very quickly. Making a vital function subject to outside support is something I try to avoid when possible. There has to be a huge payoff for me to subject a vital function to that risk.

Edit: again, not disputing what you said. Just making note of how different people think differently. Most of the world seems to think more like you these days.

You're exactly right. I encourage everyone I can to be as self reliant as they can. However, the two options are not mutually exclusive. You can have them both.

In a malfunction with one's homemade design, performing your own repair is plan A. There is probably not a plan B.

In a malfunction with a manufacturer's design, again, performing your own repair can be plan A. Failing that, calling the local service tech can be plan B. If he gets stumped, he can contact what resources he has at his disposal for supporting that product, such as the resources of his dealership (plan C), or the tech support resources of the manufacturer (plan D).

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)