AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The 4.5 trillion dollar balance sheet. Continued QE
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

cfdr
Posted 10/31/2014 07:11 (#4153262 - in reply to #4153108)
Subject: RE: The Fed is never going to Be able to Unwind this Position

Yes, an explanation would be interesting, seeing as how all the talk has been that (hyper)inflation was inevitable. At least now we seem to be seeing some acknowledgment that we could see at least some *temporary* deflation before the inevitable (hyper)inflation. I've been saying that I see little difference (so far) in this thirty year corn bull compared to the last one - and probably the last three. Are we finally seeing at least some softening in the inflation expectations? At some point, even the most committed gold and silver bulls have to admit that the charts are not looking the way they were expected to look. Also, the oil chart does not look like inflation is imminent.

Reminds me of "climate change" - 18 years now of no "global warming" - even the most religious alarmists are now having to admit that there is at least a "pause." When I read that "a quick asset meltdown and the subsequent final inflationary supernova that will be the response," I see no difference. The Fed's seemingly willingness to bankrupt nearly every pension fund in the country does not, IMHO, show inflationary dangers. It seems to me to clearly show the fear of a deflationary spiral from which there is probably no escape.

Just my opinion, FWIW, but I'm still wondering why this corn bull must end any different than the last three did. (Note that I did not say it won't end differently - just that I'm wondering why.)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)