AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

? for Krantz-Faith
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 10/30/2014 08:34 (#4151861 - in reply to #4151559)
Subject: RE: ? for Krantz-Faith

North of London
Not Krantz but here are my thoughts.

When talking to family of a person who has died or is ill my words would usually be 'I am thinking of you' or 'about you'.

Praying to something that I have no evidence of its existence is of course of no use to me and I suggest since studies prove prayer is of no use at all it really is of no use to anyone except the person praying.
Kind of self centred.
I have even heard members of the clergy say they have to be careful what they pray for and how they word it since they do not want to be seen as asking for something that will not happen.

I would feel comfort from good friends and family stopping by to visit and pass the time of day when I am on my 'death bed'
I do remember when a good friend stopped by days before my father died.
Father had been in and out of understanding for a few days but when this good friend stopped by father heard his voice and rallied to have a conversation with him.
No need to wish me anything just the thought of stopping by is all.

Any funeral service is for those who are still alive.
It makes no difference to the dead person what happens.
So if those alive wish to have my old coach lead the service, good luck trying to find one.
My kids old coaches are all retired if not dead.

A 'service' for an old guy like me need not be as elaborate as one for a younger person just because every week that passes there are fewer of my friends left to come.
And it could be like my Mother in law who requested no service.
At 89 she said she did not want to be laid out and have all those people who did not visit her in recent years walk by to 'visit' her after she had died.

We obeyed her wishes.
We did take some of her ashes to Bermuda, another of her wishes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)