AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Still fighting the r52 deutz
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tr70
Posted 10/29/2014 22:33 (#4151416)
Subject: Still fighting the r52 deutz

So I posted on here about my issues with my deutz putting air in the fuel filters and losing power. Thanks to some help on here I replaced the primer pump and solved the air issues. Ran like a champ. Now I can run for a couple hours and she starts getting weak and losing rpms (usually high idle at 2700, loaded in the field I'll run 2660-2620 - 180 bpa corn at 16%, 6-30 head) After about an hour or two, this will drop to 2640-2590 -- and I really notice a power loss, I have to drop 1/4-1/2 mph. First time it did it I blew out air filters and was good, evidently my air filter alarm isnt working, continued to do this and would get back to power. Thinking of replacing the primary and secondary air filters with new -- blew the secondary out and that did help as well, was actually dusty. Also I think the precleaner wasnt spinning out the crap, and it was really dusty anyway, but I got that working but still dogged out in a couple hours lots less dust in the filter now. Book says loaded at 2500 rpms, but mine's always ran higher, and at 2500 its a real dog. Any thoughts or ideas? Got an 80 to go, but if I cant figure it out I'll have the dealer look at it after harvest.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)