AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do any of you guys use one of those home weather stations?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

raider2b
Posted 10/30/2014 07:07 (#4151716 - in reply to #4151662)
Subject: RE: Do any of you guys use one of those home weather stations?

North Dakota
I have a Oregon Scientific WMR-968 that I installed in 2002 and has run reliably since then. Has outlasted 3 salvage computers. I have it connected to an old laptop that records the info and sends it to weather underground http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=K... . If you look at the history it goes back to the spring of 2004 but it was sending data before that. It has only quit working a couple of times, when ice builds up on the wind sensor it stops but I'm not sure what you would do to stop that. I had to calibrate the rain sensor as it was off by about 30% long when I put it up, and the outside temp is in the wrong place as when the temp is in the 90s and the sun is shining on the concrete below it it reads about 7* high. Now that I have said it works without fail it will quit working this afternoon.

If it does fail I am not sure I would put up another because the city airport has a station that reports to the internet that we can see. If I did purchase another it would be a Davis Vantage Pro or a Rainwise MkIII, both are about $1400 with a device to connect to the internet.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)