AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jpartner good call
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jpartner
Posted 10/29/2014 21:10 (#4151209 - in reply to #4150681)
Subject: RE: Jpartner good call

fergfarm - 10/29/2014 12:43 Among others here that have accurately called the run up so far- was thinking that you called for 4.20 corn and we are getting close in some months, could you elaborate as to which months you were speaking of? Thanks in advance

Hi fergfarm,

Thanks for the kind words but not so sure they are deserved.  In reality, Dr. Andrews did the work, not I.  All I did was connect the pivots, and read the price on the middle line.  The intention of that post was to try get people to be aware of the energy already stored in the pivots, and where it projected price - before the news became "news".  Based on the number of emails asking for clarification I received on that post, I obviously didn't get my point across.  In listening to farm shows and their analysts the last week, I really wonder if they believe - that the reasons that they give today for rally - just materialized out of thin air and didn't exist while price was going lower......and  when the market starts going lower again, if the reasons they give us for it, don't already exist today, but it will the be "new" news....

Those pivots were drawn on the front month continuous contract.  IMHO, when trying to get an idea of major marketing opportunities as producers, I believe we need to use daily and weekly charts mainly, and can fine tune some timing possibly by looking inside at the intradays.  If I had to say today, I would say that it is unlikely we reach the ML which is around 4.25 today, on this rally.  I think that is more likely we stall at around 3.90 T&P and spend the majority of the next year between 3.20 and 4.30 bouncing around.  The Dec corn chart has uncanny frequencies at work, and its median line is downsloping and crosses at just over $4.04.  Normally, I wouldn't use this chart for this, but that chart has been controlled by that frequency for over a year....Those two bars we isolated a year ago, projected not only the jan14 lows, the may highs, and the october lows...  They cannot be ignored - and contract expires Nov.23rd.

Beans...downsloping medianline projects price to 10.90.  Going to go out on a limb and against the ML probabilities and say that we are topping that market out currently...But the facts are minors are willing to progressively pay more....

Edited by jpartner 10/29/2014 22:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)