AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Losing Satellites
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/30/2014 05:36 (#4151590 - in reply to #4151323)
Subject: RE: Losing Satellites

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I've been having issues that I thought were WAAS related so I resubscribed to Omni XP. Normally I use the short term Omni subscription for planting and WAAS the rest of the year. Due to unacceptable line moving for tillage, I resubscribed to Omni. I have some issues and confusion regarding Omni Convergence with my GeoSteer and Integra.

If I leave the tractor sit for any length of time convergence is lost and I need to power down and then back up to force the convergence process to begin again. This is in contrast to the way I used my Trimble 332 on Omni. There leaving it "ON" overnight maintained convergence. That doesn't seem to be the case with the GeoSteer parked at the same location.

To confuse the issue, I don't always drive the tractor as I'm harvesting and doing tillage in between. Sometimes the tractor sits and other times some else drives it which makes analysis very confusing.

The local tech indicated that the planning tool showed possible problems yesterday early afternoon. The tractor was sitting at that time and worked properly for me later in the afternoon. I should get to it right now. What today brings is to be seen.

Edited by tedbear 10/30/2014 05:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)