AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Solar panel sun tracker?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Thud
Posted 10/29/2014 20:35 (#4151118 - in reply to #4150884)
Subject: RE: Solar panel sun tracker?

Near-north Ontario, French River
We have 4 dual axis trackers. We are part of a co-operative , with the co-op doing the build/maintenance. We have had some minor issues with two of our trackers, mostly related to the east/west motors ( the one that rotate the panel, not the ones that tilt it ) . Had one circuit board get fried as well, no idea what caused that but I suspect a power spike. So far everything, to the best of my knowledge, has been covered under warranty. I wouldn't be afraid to put up a dual axis tracker on my own, with one caveat , that it is designed by a reputable company. When solar first 'hit" Ontario, an installer popped up on every street corner hawking the latest greatest systems. Problem was most of these guys didn't do their research and simply bought the cheapest components and tossed together systems to make a quick buck. Three yrs into the solar boom and most of those early guys are long gone(bankrupt) leaving many dissatisfied customers with broken systems, unable to get replacement parts or even anyone to service them. Do your research and don't skip on components and you will be fine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)