AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another- What would you do? RANT
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

mbo
Posted 10/28/2014 17:58 (#4149165)
Subject: Another- What would you do? RANT

southwest mn
Seven years ago we started spending our winters in South Tx-Mission -McAllen Tx. We own a "Park Model" small trailer house. Last December the Fan blower motor on our air-cond electric heat unit failed. Called the original installer. He told us that there was not a new motor available but he could order one. He told me our unit was 8 years old and nearing the end of its life expectancy. He told me if we would have him install a complete new unit we would have a 10 year warranty. Even though it would have been much cheaper to replace faulty motor, we decided to replace complete unit to get the 10 year warranty. Fast forward to one week ago-We arrived at our winter home,90degrees- Air conditioning not working! HOT !!! Called the guy who installed our unit on 12-20-13. He said blower motor was shot. No problem put in new blower motor I got WARRANTY! He told me that there was not one to be had locally. Nearest one was in Dallas TX 600 miles away. If I wanted that one would be $60 shipping. I said I got warranty! He said I would have to wait 2 weeks if I wanted warranty to cover shipping. I said OK, I will pay shipping I am HOT! While he was trouble shooting he said that I have to pay for 2 service calls one for trouble shooting and one for installing. I lost my temper and said but I have warranty!! He said only parts. I said I have bought new trucks and farm tractors and they covered parts and labor. He told me I was wrong. I verbally unloaded on him and he picked up his tools and left. I read my warranty papers and he was right parts only. Called HVAC #2. He was here and after $65 service call told me the same thing-motor bad he would order new one. That was one week ago, now he said UPS lost it. Maybe tomorrow! If I hear one more we are SORRY I will crawl through phone line and strangle some one. Wait, I tried that once and he picked up his tools and left. This is a PAYNE unit. I called their consumer help line and after ten minutes of touch #1 for this and #2 for that I gave up after talking to people with English as second language.

Edited by mbo 10/28/2014 18:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)