AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Field/load setup to AFS Universal Display Plus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 10/26/2014 13:02 (#4145698 - in reply to #4145631)
Subject: RE: Field/load setup to AFS Universal Display Plus

roaming
COdrylander - 10/26/2014 10:40

The touchscreen on my AFS Universal Display Plus has died. I was still able to record yield and mapping data on the display. When I exceeded the display mapping data limit, the screen defaulted to the error message, although if I rebooted, I could still get a brief display of the total bushels, etc when the monitor powered up for a bit before it defaulted to the error message. Bushels, acres, etc were updating as expected. The dealer suggested downloading the data card to see if that would clear the error message. Unfortunately, after I downloaded the card data to my computer, the load for the field was cleared and until I can input a load name, the monitor will not record anything.
My question is, can a field and load name be loaded to the data card so that when it is plugged into the monitor it has a load to save data to? The screen is completely dead and I can think of no other way to start the monitor recording again. Any suggestions are welcome.

You can export Farm and Field names to the display, but not Load names. Load names are specific to the display serial number, and must be created in the display itself.

Try firmly squeezing the upper left corner of the display, like you're trying make the display thinner. If your touchscreen is delaminated, which was fairly common on those older displays, this may buy you time to finish the season. If that works, you can use a c-clamp (padded with cardboard) to squeeze the display so you don't have to use both hands every time you want to push a button.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)