AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Acer sucks imho
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

rustytractorguy
Posted 10/26/2014 01:25 (#4145157 - in reply to #4145099)
Subject: RE: Acer sucks imho

I too own a Mac, it will be the last one I own. I've had it a year an a half and it boots slower and slower. Once logged in I still can't open a browser for a minute or two. And I don't have much in the way of background software or apps running. Software availability alone is reason enough not to get one because they have become a fad. They are also overpriced for what you get. And they too are made of Chinese junk. I will give them credit where credit is due, 1) the overall fit/finish is very clean and 2) the battery life is great.

I have had a Toshiba laptop that has served me well. I'm on the third HD but only one failure. The OEM drive was small so I put a higher capacity WD Blue in which failed in about 3 years.

Keep in mind laptops are not intended to be left on continuous like a desktop, they just don't cool that well and heat is the killer of electronics. If you've never opened the cover to clean the dust out, if just expedites failures.

My Mac has been reduces to back up or travel duty only. My primary home PC is a desktop I built myself is a SSD running Win 7 Ultimate and 4 other internal HD (1 SSD, 3 conventional) running programs and storing files. It runs like a top and was about the same price as my Mac with considerably more power, memory, and storage.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)