AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sesame questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

coastalBend
Posted 10/25/2014 10:07 (#4144276 - in reply to #4144261)
Subject: RE: Sesame questions

south texas
Im in heavy black clay and dont have issues getting the crop up. We use our planter with milo plates but i am getting some rrv canols plates that i going to try sesame with. It will germ easy with warm weather so u jusr need wet dirt around the plant for 4-5days in 90f air temp here. Its best to plant as shallow as u can and keep the moisture around the seed thr 4-5 days. Dont close the trench tight. We try to leave the soil firm about .5in above the seed and as it drys it will loosen and come up well. Direx is the only broadleaf i know of and can ding up the plants. Treflan can be used but need someone with experience in your soils to know how long after spraying u need to wait. Dont spray it in front of the planter. I think dual is the only pre directly in front of planter. Pods will open when dry and wind shakes out thr sesame. We make about the same lbs per acre sesame as we do lint cotton. Its easy to cut. If u have experience planting canola, sesame is very similar but sesame has less push.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)