AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Asking the girlfriend to marry me dilemma
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dmfarms
Posted 10/24/2014 21:04 (#4143616)
Subject: Asking the girlfriend to marry me dilemma

Port Byron, NY
Just looking for different perspectives or ideas on a pickle I may be in. I have been with my girlfriend steady for about 5 and a half years now. I am 25 and she is 24. We met sophmore year in college and have been happily together ever since. We both have good steady jobs and have a farm together. I know in my heart that I should seal the deal and buy her a ring. Now for the dilemma....Her parents are currently going through a pretty nasty divorce. It is stressing her out pretty badly and Im not sure what to do besides provide support. Both of her parents are putting her in a very difficult position. I will not say anything more about it out of respect for her and her family. My question is: Should I wait till its over then pop the question? I know we are a great team together and it would be awesome to make it official. On the other hand I am just not sure this is the right time. I have also heard about the couples that date for 10 years then get married and are divorced soon afterward. I certainly do not want to end up like that. So in conclusion I am just looking for advice or just another viewpoint on this. Thanks in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)