AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Don't ever unhook header pipes and drive that way. Dodge pickup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

milofarmer1
Posted 10/24/2014 20:56 (#4143596)
Subject: Don't ever unhook header pipes and drive that way. Dodge pickup

Texas/New Mexico Stateline
Last summer, 1998 Dodge fell on its face one morning. Didn't have enough power to pull the hat off your head. Overheating. After some stewing around about it ( I was about 15 miles from home at my parents house) reading the internet determined it might be the catalytic converter stopped up.

I unhooked the header pipes to see how it ran, and it ran good. So I just drove home.

DON'T DO THAT, EVER!

Melted vacuum lines behind the engine and messed up the 4wd engagement that is troublesome anyway. I spent a good afternoon replacing some of those lines and now I think that is fixed.

But now I am having trouble with the park lights. It is blowing a fuse, and I suspect there is a short there beside the engine/exhaust/starter area. I noticed working under there it melted some insulation on a wiring harness. Of course it is in the most impossible place on that whole vehicle to get to.

I am thinking I may have to take the wheel off and cut a section out of the wheel well to really get to it and find out what is going on.

What a mess.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)