AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

blue cross up again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

don@nebr
Posted 10/25/2014 13:35 (#4144450 - in reply to #4142673)
Subject: RE: blue cross up again

I could only wish it went up 10%. Got the dreaded letter yesterday. NO insurance after Jan. 1

Was paying for it at work,,group for part timers,,,all gone now. And I will be 4 1/2 months short of medicare. Felt like I just fell in the doughnut hole. No company is going to want a new customer for such a short time.

Somebody said to Cobra for a few months but dont know if you can Cobra a plan that isnt there any more.

Guess I will check into a 6 month policy and see if can roll or combine with a supplement for later. But not holding my breath.

They were deducting $80 a week so dont think company was paying any of it any way. It was a terrible plan anyway,,,never paid for anything in 4 years all went to deductable of $5,000 which is pretty steep for a work group.

last private pay I was on 4 years ago was close to 1000 a month with huge increases each year just for myself,,,no dependents or spouses etc.

Totally prepared to go without for a few if I have too because not going back to paying more than I make.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)