AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

S670 yeild monitor questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

johns_79
Posted 10/23/2014 22:31 (#4142333)
Subject: S670 yeild monitor questions

Windom, MN
We have been working with our neighbors for the last 3 years during planting and harvest season in corn. They bought a 20" row planter and an S670 in 2012, and they have been running the equipment. They are older (low 60s like my father) and never really learned how to run the computer parts. In 2012, they had techs out to help things go, but now we are pretty much on our own. So I have some questions since we have always been red.

I think they have a 2630 display and SF1? I'm not familiar with JD, but it is whatever was the newest latest technology they had in 2012. They never calibrate the yield monitor, and it drives me crazy. They say they couldn't figure out how to do it, so this year they have let me run the combine, and I searched youtube and found out how to calibrate it. I love having a smart phone, it makes learning about this stuff much easier. But now I am wondering about the variety locator.

So it is supposed to remember where you planted what in the spring correct? Does this feature work well or is it a little messed up sometimes? It says I am harvesting 48-12, but there isn't any 48-12 in this field. I did run the planter this spring, and I thought I had put in the correct hybrids when I was planting, but they are not showing up on the monitor now. I have a theory that the hybrids it is remembering are the ones that were in the field 2 years ago. I realize it is probably too late now to fix it, but how can I help this from happening next year? I thought I had the right client, farm, and field, but it didn't over write the 2012 planting I am thinking.

I know they appreciate me working on the computer stuff. They are mechanical wizards, anything that is broke they can fix, but this electrical stuff they have no patience for and I feel it is my way of contributing to this partnership. I only have 80 acres that I pay the custom rates on. Dad takes care of the rest, since he has way more land than I do. I think it will continue, we really like the 20" rows, and that combine is a beast. We need all 4 of us there to run efficiently in the fall.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)