AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Clayton Modular Home Thoughts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Deadduck
Posted 10/24/2014 09:50 (#4142953 - in reply to #4142317)
Subject: RE: Clayton Modular Home Thoughts

Northeast Louisiana

c&k farms - 10/23/2014 22:25 Everyone, I know this isn't necessarily a machinery talk, but have any of you bought a clayton multi-section modular home? I am not looking for a trailer house, but probably a rectangle/square house that is 1600+ sq ft. Reviews suck, but curious what you all may think. Currently my family consists of myself, wife, 7 month old son, and expecting. Grew up sharing a room w/ one of my sisters while the other two shared the other. Kind of made it important to me that my kids have their own. What about resale? Can I use this house as a cheap, but good starter house so I can stop paying rent and build up some damn cash reserves? Do you have any other ideas? I would love to build my own simple, efficient house w/ basement but don't have any ideas on how to price this dream. Thanks

Not sure on that company, but I'm a real  estate agent and I've dealt with a few modular homes.  Some of these are very well built and very solid.  Some are very cheaply built and nothing more than a glorified house trailer.  

But the resale value usually sucks, even on the ones that are very well built, because people get them confused with mobile homes or aren't sure if the house is decent quality.  I've never had one sale for nearly as much as the people had in it.  Just my 2 cents.  

Edited to add:  There are some very poor quality stick built houses being built too.   

Edited by Deadduck 10/24/2014 09:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)