AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The easy part
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

north1
Posted 10/24/2014 08:14 (#4142809 - in reply to #4142766)
Subject: RE: c-xr-1, questions.

North Dakota
As far a I am concerned, if you are looking for sense-commonsense on how the market works you are just chasing your tail. It really is not based on anything tangible, and has become pretty much useless to look for technical or fundamental reason for moves in either direction. I really have only dabbled in options when I was young and thought I had the cat by the tail. Turned out I just ended up chasing my own tail

Found if I make price targets throughout the year, stick by them I could either match or outdo the pronosticators most times. I didn't need to pay any marketing service, or add another risk factor like futures trading. It also freed up A LOT of time to do the actual farming part of my operation more efficiently. Sell a little here and there throughout the year and save a chunk for a time of the year you will see a high and to hell with all this other mumbo jumbo.

When I first started I asked a old timer how to market grain more efficiently and have stable cash flow. He laughed and said "build bins boy". He always had one years crop stored and available for market at any time of the year. Most times it was two. Said he could then really take advantage of market moves or quality issue problems(market has a short memory with vomitoxin, aflatoxin, etc.) The first few years of building this inventory is tough, tough going, but it pays dividends. I was young and stupid and didn't listen but he was right. It still is a goal of mine. My $.02.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)