AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The easy part
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 10/24/2014 07:55 (#4142766 - in reply to #4142229)
Subject: RE: c-xr-1, questions.

Death comes to us all. Life's but a walking shadow
As you may have noticed I have been slowly trying to understand the corn and soybean markets. One of the things among others I have been exploring is the COT. I suspect but don't yet completely understand how different categories of traders build positions that then translate into price moves. Can you use the two versions of the COT, futures only and futures & options to monitor the open interest in options to follow the strength of the various positions?
I think that this topic of how the different types of traders, as well as the commercial interests interact would be of great interest to us here. I certainly would appreciate any comments you are willing to contribute.
I must admit I have a parochial interest in this particular situation because I have been searching for a reason for the market to reverse direction just now in Oct. I may have unfairly slander crop insurance companies by accusing them of manipulation. It would be nice to learn that there are "legitimate?" reasons for these market moves.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)