AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Questions about CNH rowguide
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

raider2b
Posted 10/23/2014 21:12 (#4142139)
Subject: Questions about CNH rowguide

North Dakota
I have a few questions for those that are running CNH rowguide on their corn heads on flagship combines. First a little about how the corn is planted, half mile passes on near tabletop fields, planted with rtk. So the rows are about as flat and straight as you can get.

First, are you happy with the way it drives the rows? How fast can you drive before you feel it is unusable? Next does the combine seem to steer a lot, I mean,does it tip the stalks to the left and right more than you would like? Last, will it disengage while you are in the row?

The reason I ask is we only have a couple in our area and one owner is happy and the other not so much. The owner that is happy with it's operation, but I think it wanders too much, but he told me to leave it alone. The other I feel is better but I am not able to remove the last bit of wiggle from the steering. It holds pretty well up to about 6.5 mph but at 7-8 mph it seems to tip the stalks about 25-30% of the time. This is on 8230 common cab with 8 row 4408 head. He would like to be able to drive 7 mph and hold the row and I can't seem to get it good enough for me or him. I guess what I'm asking is, am I being unrealistic in getting all the wiggle out at 7 mph or not?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)