AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

6620 Titan II Steer Motor ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Worthmore
Posted 10/23/2014 13:42 (#4141514)
Subject: 6620 Titan II Steer Motor ?

Live in Forsyth, Missouri Farm in N, MO
Blowed the end off the steer motor that fits on the bottom of the steering column shaft. It has 4 hoses connected to it. It blew the O'ring out and broke the heads off of 5 of the 8 bolts that hold the cap on the motor. I took it apart cleaned it up and couldn't see anything wrong with it. JD didn't have the replacement O'ring so I compromised and put one in that was close! Ran about an hour and it blew the O'ring again; But didnt break the bolts! I had a smaller O'ring so I tried it again as we were about done harvesting! Finished about 20 acres...No problems! Any idea what is causing this??? This combine has the HD rear Axle 2 -wheel drive. I did have the main hydraulic Oil get hot a few days earlier and changed the filter and Oil and that seemed to fix that issue...Could the Two be related??? Any Ideas where I could send both the steer motor and Main Hydraulic pump to get rebuilt?? Done with the harvest so I have plenty of time!! To replace these two pumps thru John Deere is Very Expensive as they are both updated pumps and require a bunch of retro fitting. ($2200.00 for Steer Pump) ($1900.00 for Main Hydraulic Pump) Thanks for any Advice....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)