AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Big Exports.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 10/23/2014 19:20 (#4141832 - in reply to #4141417)
Subject: Not to quibble but..

And corn traded side-ways to lower in the January report,lower enough that it even scared some bushel away from our very own KS Jon.

I did some basis contracts.. delivered.. THEN priced.. which caught some of the uptrend.. Yes January Report was pretty brutal.. but for the most part I stored through that.  Now.. not really interested in making THAT big of a bet again.. but.. Nope.. I didn't cave into that report as you seem to recall.

Still that's a good lesson.. it's better to price a little on "your terms" vs letting the market put all of us in a vise..  I think it's harder to get farmers to cave the lower prices go.. as you also find more demand.. aka Mexico buying 70 myn bu of corn.. China all over the beanies.. Sorghum.. etc.. plus the domestic demand.

That being said.. I think Soy Roy has a very good saying.. "Don't be afraid to take one when they pass the cookies."

As for me.. I'm still waiting on those $11.00 soybean cookies.. might not get it there.. he he he.. but a little closer today..  ;-)

Come on baby.. "come to papa.."

Edited by JonSCKs 10/23/2014 19:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)