AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

China bets big on GMOs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

notilltom
Posted 10/22/2014 23:19 (#4140845 - in reply to #4140699)
Subject: They are betting on a lot of things

Oswald No-Till Farm Cleghorn, IA
Greetings.
There is a difference between their science and research and what gets into fields and is supported by their society. It is very complicated.

They know the technology can work but they also have plans to move millions from rural areas into cities. They have to navigate some social issues to do that. They have people with distrust of the government and have had to contend with food safety scandals within the past decade.

Then, you see what appears to be a move to limit imports via the MIR162 issue and you have to wonder how that's going to look at home.....GMO is OK, err not OK, I mean Ok......trust us.

They are not making it easy on themselves...or us.

I have come to the conclusion that they will do what they will do. For us, we have to be careful not to load the gun with technology traits they can use to shoot our trade with them with.

I hope we don't start planting 2-4,d or dicamba beans before they make approval in our major export markets. That's a train wreck waiting to happen. How many cents or dollars per bushel do we wish to risk by loading an other market shooting gun?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)