AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Heating air on fan on air cart to prevent fertilizer gumming up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WestND
Posted 10/22/2014 20:04 (#4140341)
Subject: Heating air on fan on air cart to prevent fertilizer gumming up

I am attempting to strip till. Using an amity cart and 24 row unit with manifold system. Having terrible trouble with manifold system gumming up. Have tried everything. Tried mesz, MAP, white potash, pink potash, zinc sulfate. Also using urea. Mixing in floor dry with my mix. Cant get any combo of these to perform any better. And have talked to other guys using the exact same blend who are having no issues. Spend about 5 hours cleaning to 1 hour of going. Today I completely changed all hoses and completely washed out manifolds. 73 degrees and low humidity today. Sunny and windy. 3 hours later still plugged. The oil seal is not leaking in the fan. Was told I have too much pressure in the system, air is condensing and creating moisture. Drilled holes in knife fert tubes to relieve extra pressure, still gumming. So the last thing to think of is drying the air with a product made in Canada. Creates heat from oil from your fan and supposedly removes any humidity? Anyone tried this and had any luck? If not I have a strip till machine for sale.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)