AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update and question - Songs for churches
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Nor-C-Ore-Drylander
Posted 10/25/2014 11:29 (#4144333 - in reply to #4138381)
Subject: RE: Update and question - Songs for churches

North Central Oregon
When our church upgraded the AV system I found the program OpenLP.
It is a open source church presentation software package. Free is a very good price.
It is easy to use for basic presentation. But it also has advanced functions for more in depth presentation needs.
It is being actively developed with upgrades coming pretty regularly. More than I can say for some of the Church presentation software packages. Best part is it is cross platform. It runs on Windows, Mac OS, Linux, etc. So if you have people in your church with different OS's they can be putting together slides, for their projects, plays, and presentations and give the av person a flash drive with it on it to load into the church computer.
It is a very good program. It can import files from most any church presentation software as well as power point. It can show slides, video, play songs, sound clips, etc.
And as I said it is free. But don't let that make you think it is of poor quality. I tried out some of the free demos of other presentation software and found that OpenLP could hold it's own against them all. Investigate on your own, link below.
http://openlp.org

A great resource for Hymn lyrics is
http://www.hymnary.org
I go there quite often to get lyrics for Hymns not yet entered into OpenLP. Copy paste lyrics into program, put in the verse and chorus designations. After getting used to the program it can take less than a minute to enter a new song from lyrics found on the internet.

Edited by Nor-C-Ore-Drylander 10/25/2014 11:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)