AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fertilizer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 10/21/2014 07:08 (#4137807)
Subject: Fertilizer

Buxton ND
Fertilizer nothing on prices. Just what are you seeing in the neighborhood ? ? ?

Here its kinda quiet,Terra-gators and tenders here and there spreading a field,we fall spread ALOT up here,100% of needs,very little gas knifed into standing corn. I know one guys that does it. Talked with a old banker friend in ND,said he office is right on the main drag and he could count the number of gators and tenders on one hand all morning. Normal out my back door would be spread heading home after dark,its after 7 am and yet to hear anything go by this morningggggggg.

My farmer point of view I want to wait til spring because unless grain prices rebound on corn I think prices will drop. Local fert. guy is worried about another late spring and simply not enough time to spread the acres. Fert says NO WAY price will drop $100 a ton on Urea by spring,I say BS cause he owns more product then I,,,,,,,,,,and on up the food chain...................... This happened BIG TIME IN 2008.....................................Banker says,,,,,,,,,,,,are you going to need any prepay this year ? ? ? Bankers say we need to talk about paying back 2014 operating money before you start thinking about 2015........................Before you start thinking ANY capital purchases.................... Like paint,dirt,shops,,,or other "things"

This banker is a straight shooter,NO BS,he used to be mine years back. Just talking with him,,,he is singing a totally different tune then 1 year ago,WAY TOTALLY DIFFERENT to 2 years ago..................... He kinda laughing when I brought up the phase "Farmers are flush with cash" When the last time you heard that one guy and gals ? ? ?

So just watch the neighbor hood ! ! ! Mines pretty dam quiet on "land" that's normally all ready has the full load of N-P-K

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)