AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Top load washer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Larry in AB
Posted 10/23/2014 13:36 (#4141510 - in reply to #4137318)
Subject: RE: Top load washer

Alberta, Canada

TADER - 10/20/2014 19:22

I currently have an LG front load washer. I am looking to change to a top load that will handle a farm family. Heavy jeans etc anything to know or stay away from, recommendations thank you

I went through this a month or so ago here is the thread

We had a maytag HE top load.  Wife didn't like it as the clothes never seemed to come "clean" no  mater what she tried. I wouldn't advice a HE top load for farm clothes unless there is better ones now. 18 months after we had it a bearing went out!   Talked to my repair guy I know and he adviced not to have him repair it as it wasn't worth it.  As he claimed they don't have the best track record. The same washer is sold under several brands and if you google bearing problems lots of info comes up.

I"m not sold on the HE top loads the way they're designed but the sales people "claim" they are popular.   Ended up with a Samsung front load and it does indeed get the clothes real clean even the dirty farm work clothes.   It works good  but for ... how long as most all these washers now a days are not built like the older ones.   Our old maytag was 22 years old and it never let us down ever and that thing washed a lot of loads of laundry!! Still worked when we hauled it out wish I would have kept it now for in the shop.

Edited by Larry in AB 10/23/2014 13:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)