AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

group admin privileges
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

ruraltrav
Posted 10/21/2014 10:42 (#4138121 - in reply to #4138081)
Subject: RE: group admin privileges

Best of luck to you, hope you are on the right track. It can be frustrating when you have a vision with what you want to do with some in IT and don't have the ability to do it. Trust me, I deal with it daily with end users who have a wide range of IT savvy where some you can explain it to them in very simple terms and they still don't understand to those who you can go into some detail and they understand completely. Some people just don't understand there is a process in place for everything and sometimes that means you don't get what you want and there is usually a good reason behind it but it isn't always simple to communicate it to the average user. I have a bachelor's degree in MIS and 11+ years of experience in a large corporate IT environment and looking back at what I thought I knew and the perceptions I had coming into this profession to what I know now it is night and day how my perspective has changed and in the IT field it will continue to change with all the new technology and cyber threats out there putting a new wrinkle in IT infrastructure and the challenges and inconveniences they can pose. That's why I tell people be careful when throwing negative terms around about the IT people that support you, they have that job for a reason and that is because they probably know way more things than you ever will imagine and what might seem like something simple to you may be way more complex than you think. You don't want to bite the hand that supports the device that you probably rely on to do a good portion of your job, the more courteous and patient you are with them the quicker and easier your problem should be solved or request fulfilled. I'm not saying that there aren't "brainless" IT people because they are people we work with that do a sub-standard job but over time those people get exposed and dealt with because in most IT environments if you aren't meeting deadlines or providing timely resolutions it ultimately reflects on your ability to do your job.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)