AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

group admin privileges
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 10/21/2014 09:06 (#4138020 - in reply to #4137821)
Subject: RE: group admin privileges

roaming
@justbad7 - no harm done in asking. If you never ask, you don't learn. I don't think Maxx Catt thinks you want to hack with ill intent, but it's easy for things to be misconstrued. He's just suggesting that you make sure you're following proper procedures and getting explicit permission for anything you do. A high-schooler creating a domain admin account SHOULD raise red flags, so you SHOULD expect to be questioned about it. And when you are, you need to be able to show very clearly that you requested and received permission from someone authorized to give you permission.

One other word of advice: be very very careful in the information you share online. Without doing any other kind of "recon", I already have your name and email address (from your profile), your domain username (from your first post), and your school district (from your 3rd post). With a quick Google search, I know what you look like, some activities you've been involved in, and even that you placed first in the Inter-High Keyboarding competition at McCook Community College on March 26th. I also know that you don't think much of the capabilities of your "almost brainless" IT guy. That could be embarrassing information if misused.

It wouldn't take much creativity for me to come up with a social engineering attack that would get me inside the school district network using your credentials, if that were something I were interested in, which I'm not. But now the information you've provided is publicly available for anyone else to see/use in any way they choose.

Edited by torn 10/21/2014 10:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)