AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SMS Advanced Map Settings ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

FarmWeather
Posted 10/22/2014 07:18 (#4139428 - in reply to #4136632)
Subject: RE: SMS Advanced Map Settings ?

Delta
cyclones30 - 10/20/2014 11:34

Each of those map types might take a different setting. (and probably should)  A couple questions/comments. A "spread map" is.....a prescription you made to then go and do some spreading? Or a map from the spreader of what you did already? That will make a big difference. 

Your grid size isn't that important. If you're using Kriging for harvest and either "spread map" option above, you have your hands full. I just took a semester class on it and still don't have it down perfectly. Soil sampling would be possible, but my version doesn't even let me use Kriging for harvest. Call support if you'd like to use Kriging, help via text is impossible.

That said, I'd start with Inverse Distance since that's what I'd guess 99% of all users use. Your grids are ~330 ft apart at that size, so I'd set the max. distance to something just under that so they don't overlap values. The distance ratio needs to be between 0 and 1, try a couple lower than 0.5 since those points are pretty scattered. 

Yield inverse distance, points are much closer together so lower the max distance a lot. (trial and error depending on head size etc) I'd stick with the default setting of 0.6 for the ratio unless it still looks bad. Then change from there.

No idea for spread maps.  

Kriging is generally used for discrete data like sample points. I'd stick with IDW for harvest/application data.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)