AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what makes water fresh?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Adrian
Posted 10/20/2014 06:10 (#4136182 - in reply to #4135336)
Subject: RE: what makes water fresh?

South Georgia
I don't know, but all bottled water I've ever had tasted bad. Only twice that I can think of that I've ever bought bottled water, both times on a trip away from home. The first time, a friend and I had flown to Texas to pick up a truck and drive back. We stopped at a Walmart in Monroe, Louisiana and bought a flat of water because we were tired of drinking Coke and whatnot. I think we both suffered through one bottle apiece, and that was enough of that mess. When we got home, I drank enough REAL water to make up for the trip. I drink a lot of water. Folks act like I'm crazy, but that's almost all I'll ever drink with a meal.

When I was in college at UGA, getting my Ag Econ degree, it always blew my mind that people would walk right past the water fountain (which I drank out of, even though they all assured me it was gross), and go to the break room to buy a pint of water for a buck. 20 oz of Coke was only 85 cents, or a pint of water for a buck? These were Econ and Business majors, and they didn't have any better sense than that. It really blew my mind.

That was back around 2000, I guess when bottled water was starting to become a mainstream everyday item instead of something that people used when there were no other alternatives. I thought that when the 'new' wore off, it would pass just like other fads. Shows what I know...

Adrian
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)