AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Has anyone gotten back an expensive item that was stolen from you?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

TractorAddict
Posted 10/18/2014 20:44 (#4133972)
Subject: Has anyone gotten back an expensive item that was stolen from you?

West of Broken Bow
The reason I ask, I've tried to help locate various things that were stolen either from people I know or just folks that I've come across. One friend had a truck stolen from the back of her property. The truck had a heavy duty winch and frame/carrier on the front and so the thieves just rammed her heavy iron gate on the way out. I covered every avenue to try and get it located. The truck was later recovered where the thieves abandoned it, but only after they stripped everything of value. That impound lot sure makes a lot of money off victims of stolen cars.

One person's very expensive, custom made, mobile barbeque pit/smoker was stolen last year. A few witnesses spotted it on the highway, but the police never located it. The main thief was eventually caught. He refuses to tell where it's at or who his accomplices are. Warrants from other crimes sent him back to prison for the fourth time.

I suggested that just maybe the smoker was cut up and sold for scrap and to start searching for leads in that direction. That smoker and trailer had some unique features.

There's at least one item that was taken from another close friend and even after three years of searching, I haven't given up looking for it.

Edited by TractorAddict 10/18/2014 21:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)