AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A Great Man Passed Away Today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

noluckatall
Posted 10/17/2014 21:29 (#4132621)
Subject: A Great Man Passed Away Today

NEMO
Very few on AT know this man, but he was great in every sense of the word. A good old farm boy born at Americus Missouri who was a Marine and served in Korea. He was a thin man with leathery skin and soft spoken. He is the father of 1 daughter who I am married to and she is as wonderful as he was. After getting out of Korea, he worked construction building roads and bridges in the northern part of the state above the Missouri River. Every where I go I can say my father in law built this road or this bridge that gets goods to market, kids to school, and people to and from work. He survived Korea, falling 30 feet off of a bridge, a 600# steer laying on top of him in a feed bunk, a long haired young man coming to pick up his daughter for a first date, but could not beat his cancer and pneumonia. With his wife of 57 years, his daughter, granddaughter, and myself by his side, he took his last breath at 01:35 this morning. I have been so blessed to have had a wonderful father and my father in law who was like a second father to me. Leo Schlatt, 5-28-1927 to 10-17-2014
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)