AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

9600 Combine GreenStar Harness Issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

WildHawk
Posted 10/17/2014 16:55 (#4132144)
Subject: 9600 Combine GreenStar Harness Issue

I have a 9600 combine that I am adding the GreenStar harness so that I can start field mapping. I am running into an issue with the harness on the inside of the cab where you attach to the armrest. The armrest has a 9 pin connecter, and the GreenStar harness I got from our John Deere dealership has a 6 pin connector. So there is no way to attach the two. According to our dealership there is only one GreenStar harness for the 9600 combines. So I can't get a different harness and they can't find an adapter that will convert from the 9 pin to the 6 pin. Our dealership is saying that they will just come out and rewire the 9 pin end into a 6 pin, but I have concerns about that not working properly.

Some additional information is that our dealership was able to find a serial number break that shows a conversion from the 6 pin armrest adapter to the 9 pin after serial number 660000. I'm lucky enough to have a 9600 after that break, but not lucky enough to be able to find an adapter to make this GreenStar system work.

Questions:

Does anyone else have experience with this issue?

Does anyone know if there is an adapter out there to resolve this problem?

Do you know where I might go to find one?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)