AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trying to get broadband in the sticks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Midillinoisian
Posted 10/13/2014 12:22 (#4123680)
Subject: Trying to get broadband in the sticks

I live in central Il about 15 miles from town but in about 3-4 sq miles there are about 250 people maybe 50 more. I have been looking into getting a tower put up to get broadband internet in then provide it to the nearby people at cost. Where I live there are a fair number of hills but where I would build the tower it would be easily accessible via line of sight.
Currently there aren't many options for internet. Verizon Jetpacks, expensive, fairly reliable, small data packages, fairly good speed. Exede Satellite, Through direct tv, not very reliable, fairly expensive requires lease of Sat equipment, medium data packages with medium or less speed. Joink not really familiar with them but they seem to have bigger data packages decent speed and medium pricing but i've heard horror stories. Ideally I would like a system that has Unlimited data (is that a thing anymore?) high reliability, decent speed, and preferably a lowish cost per month. Initial cost isn't as big of a deal.
Basically I am looking for something that could reliably support our township with one tower being built and maybe a jump tower on a grain silo or two. Does anyone know a company that does this sort of thing relative packages or data amounts. Pricing would be good too, more for the actual equipment than infrastructure. And also how the service is charged. Thanks and sorry for my poor english.

Edited by Midillinoisian 10/13/2014 12:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)