AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kindergartners Field Trip to Firestation ~
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

iseedit
Posted 10/10/2014 18:15 (#4118971)
Subject: Kindergartners Field Trip to Firestation ~

central - east central Minnesota -

My granddaughters kindergarter teacher emailed my daughter this evening - needing to share a story from their field trip ~

After the Fire Chief and crew, finished their tour of the station and fire fighting equipment / vehicles, the fire fighters asked the children for any questions - What on your minds, what questions do you have for us - anything ?

After a few questions, my granddaughter asked - where's the fire pole you're supposed to slide down ? The Chief responded, very good question, since the fire crew is volunteer, there's no need for a second floor to house the fire fighters and the fire fighters live at home and respond to the fire hall when called. . . . so no pole is needed.

After a couple more questions and answers, the kids seemed to run out of questions. The Chief and teacher asked again, are there any other questions to ask the fire fighters, go a head, ask them anything - think of something really hard, something you've always wondered . . . . . .  . . .  . after a moment of silence, my grand daughter raised her hand and asked,

"Why do people put mustard on their hot dogs ?"

The whole crew bust out in laughter and the chief tried his best to answer her difficult question ~

She was very happy and pleased with the field trip and thinks the class should have more field trips.

Gran'ma was very happy with Olyvia . .. .

The joys of little ones !

If only there was a video ~   lol

( ~ :

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)