AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

******Weigh Ins For 10/5/14 to 10/11/14******
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 10/5/2014 08:31 (#4110175)
Subject: ******Weigh Ins For 10/5/14 to 10/11/14******

Good Sunday Morning, I know you all aren't from the northern states, but brrrrrr it is cold up here. Had to bring in my plants that I want to keep. Haven't turned on the furnace yet. It is down to 66 this morning in the house, but it is incentive to get off my butt and do something and then I will warm up. I warmed the house up yesterday by making homemade beef soup. That way this vegetable hating girl will get carrots, celery and cabbage at least. Here is a little hint I do to help the soup be less fattening. I simmer the soup bones, and I add a round steak for some meat in my soup, for a good part of the day. Then I take the meat out and chill the broth overnight. Lucky for me it was cool enough outside I could just put the pot out in the screen porch. Then in the morning I scoop off about a good third inch of hardened fat. Then you heat the stock back up and you can add all your veggies and the meat back. A good thermos of homemade soup would taste good to you guys that are driving those combines now. You could even puree it so it is drinkable instead of using a spoon. Canned soups are just not as good as homemade.

So, what is the scale showing this week? Dave finally is home to weigh. He hasn't weighed for at least three weeks. He did really well and lost almost 4 pounds. For me, I finally scaled it back a little and lost 2 whole pounds. Brought a smile to my face, so now I have to keep it up. If I get an urge to eat something I shouldn't, I just bring up a picture of a dress I would love to wear for our 40th anniversary vow renewal. Got a year, I can do this.

Have a good week, stick with this, we can do this together.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)