AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FSA Beginning Farmer Loans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

AlphaOutlaw
Posted 10/1/2014 08:21 (#4102646 - in reply to #4100922)
Subject: RE: FSA Beginning Farmer Loans

tried to get one a couple of years ago to buy 40 acres from a family member. the bank I work with helped and spent a lot of time filling out required forms and sent the required letter that we qualified. had to pay a couple of fees, credit checked, yada yada. they initially said they loved the idea of my off farm income. at the last meeting, the guys says it looks like I make too much money and don't need there assistance. when I questioned him he suggested I get in touch with agstar and have them re-evaluate... after he left I called the head of the program at the local office and kindly told them where they could stick all of their paper-work. luckily my bank would work with me to make it work. makes things a little more of a struggle but after the way that guy treated us, I will do everything I can to not have to work with them. at the time, sounded like funds were well over a year out and would have to get a bridge loan to cover. also sounds like they re-evaluate ever so many years to decided if still require their assistance
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)