AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Not Your Average Georgians
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

runningtowin
Posted 9/29/2014 22:32 (#4100336)
Subject: Not Your Average Georgians

east central nebraska
While in Nashville Saturday afternoon my wife and I went to the sports bar in our hotel to eat and watch some college football. We got seated by a table of Georgia football fans, said hello, talked a little football, ate our food and left.

That evening when we were boarding a shuttle bus to the Grand Ole Opry as I walked down the aisle I saw one of the guys that we had watched football with earlier in the day, said hello, no big deal, sat in our seats in the back of the bus and went to the opry. ( Hang with me, the story is about to get better)

We got back to the hotel and went back to the same sports bar to watch the second half of the Nebraska game, as we were sitting down at our table there was a group of ten or so people next to us. I look over towards the group and here is the same gentleman from earlier at lunch and again from the shuttle bus. He sees us and walks over and asks us if we enjoyed the opry, we say yes it was great. He asks us if we liked John King's performance, we said yes and my wife adds that she has heard him on the radio. He then proceeds to tell us ( with a huge smile ) that John is his son-in-law !

A few minutes later John and his wife show up and we were able to meet them and visit with them. John and his family were very humble and great to get to meet. I wish John and his family the very best.

Even though I am a Husker fan, I feel the need to close this post with the following - Go Dawgs !

Edited by runningtowin 9/29/2014 22:34

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpg (188KB - 53 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)