AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deposit tickets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Southern Farmer
Posted 9/29/2014 17:29 (#4099672 - in reply to #4099407)
Subject: RE: Deposit tickets

West Texas

A long time ago, when things were very tight, I made a 5.00 deposit to cover a check that I had written. Started bouncing checks all over town and my ex never told me about it. Finally got wind of it and went to the bank. Knew there should not have been any overdrafts, however with the 5.00 deposit not recorded then the overdraft fees on top of it, my balance was in the negative numbers. Went home, dug out all the deposit slips, check stubs and went to the bank. They informed me that the would be a fee for them to reconcile my account. I had already found the deposit error but kept my mouth shut. The lady spent about 3 hours going over my records before she found the error.  They canceled the fee, deposited the 5.00, refunded all the overdraft fees and then wrote a letter to each merchant explaining that the bounced checks were in error due to the banks system. I opened an account at another bank and as soon as the last check that I had written cleared, I closed that account. That must have been 45 or 50 years ago. Never had it to happen again.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)