AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

looking for a non-gmo market for soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Gerald J.
Posted 9/23/2014 10:13 (#4089272 - in reply to #4089171)
Subject: RE: looking for a non-gmo market for soybeans

Gavelin Grain at Creston is a big buyer. Cargill at Iowa Falls and at Cedar Rapids buys some. There's a place with a new name at Kenawah Iowa that had a run in with the state last year so changed their name. They aren't very big. They used to be Verified Grains, now are Global Processing. They appeared to be under financed for the amount of beans they could handle and that was what got them in trouble with the state, short of bank account and neglected to file required financial reports.

There are two places at Ellsworth that deal in non GMO beans, one is Champion Seed of Iowa but they want only high protein beans for the other place and they only want to supply the seed unmarked. Their seed catalog doesn't show protein statistics and historically really high protein beans have a poor yield. Safesoy is processing for the protein for people feed makers and wants only really high protein beans.

Last year my tenant contracted some with Gavelin I don't know about this year. I've only sold my share to the local elevator as ordinary beans. I don't have storage or good access to hauling.

Gerald J.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)