AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

'06 H3 misfires, goes into 10 min lockout
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

greenswede
Posted 9/23/2014 08:32 (#4089090)
Subject: '06 H3 misfires, goes into 10 min lockout

Urbandale Ia, (but originally from SE IA)
I have an '06 Hummer H3 with 5 cyl engine. Every so often it will misfire when starting & then goes into a 10 min "lockout"...absolutely will not fire during that time frame, but you could set a stop watch & 10 minutes later it will start. (unless unfortunate enough to misfire again, then I get to wait another 10 minutes)
I've asked GM dealers, repair shops, & Googled on the internet, but nobody can find problem or give me an answer. It used to do it only once or twice a year, but lately has become increasingly more frequent. (Would never work as getaway car in a bank heist, LOL!)
It threw one of it's "hissy fits" in the parking lot @ Ia Speedway this summer when we were getting ready to leave & guy parked next to me struck up a conversation about my annoying plight. He said he has a tow truck business & that it is a common problem with GM vehicles... often gets a call to pick up a disabled vehicle that won't start & then arrives, turns the key, & it fires right off. But he didn't know what caused it either.
So, just fishing for any input others on here may have or know of possible causes/fixes......
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)